Wednesday, June 27, 2012

If you have delicious honey, you must eat pancakes.

According to The Guardian, Ethiopia is Africa's biggest honey producer. Bee products including honey and beeswax are a major contributor to the economy, and there is a special white honey that is produced from flowers at high altitudes. Ethiopia's national drink, Tej, is a honey wine. More importantly, honey is cheap and delicious. I bought this small jar at the supermarket, and plan to try a couple of other varieties while I'm here. I would even love to visit somewhere where they are harvesting honey. But of course when you have honey, you must find a way to eat it. I put a teaspoon in a cup of hot water every night to try and get myself warm before I go to bed. AND I eat it on homemade pancakes. The pancake pictured was without a doubt the best pancake I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment